Learn with us about the most important causes and risk factors for dry mouthbiusmile
Causes and risk factors for dry mouth It is one of the important topics that every person suffering from the problem of dry mouth should take care of and take into account.
Causes and risk factors for dry mouth
There are a lot of the most important and prominent factors of dry mouth, and the most important of these reasons are as follows:
1-Side effects of some medications
- Take medication for depression and anxiety.
- Take medication for allergies and colds, such as decongestants and antihistamines.
- Take medications to treat obesity and excessive weight.
- Acne medications.
- Medications to treat epilepsy.
- Medications to treat high blood pressure, such as diuretics.
- Nausea and diarrhea medicines.
- Drugs for urinary incontinence.
- Asthma medications such as some bronchodilators.
- Drugs for muscle relaxants and sedatives.
2-Side effects of diseases and infections
- Suffering from Sjogren’s Syndrome.
- Suffering from dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Anemia and anemia.
- Parkinson’s disease.
- Mumps disease.
- Cystic fibrosis.
- Suffering from rheumatoid arthritis.
3-Side effects of some types of medical treatments
Injury to the salivary glands can cause damage, and these glands are the ones that secrete saliva to reduce the amount of saliva produced, for example, the damage could be caused by radiation to the neck or head, or due to chemotherapy for cancer.
It is possible that the cause of the problem of dry mouth is nerve damage in the neck and head areas due to surgery or an injury.
5- The problem of drought
One of the most important cases that cause dehydration is fever, diarrhea, blood loss, excessive sweating, and burns, all of which lead to dry mouth.
6-style and lifestyle
It is possible that a person’s consumption of tobacco, such as chewing or smoking, has a significant impact on the amount of saliva secreted and produced by the salivary glands, and this exacerbates the problem of dry mouth, in addition to that breathing and the mouth is open greatly contributes to dry mouth.
Thus, we have provided you with everything you need to know about causes and risk factors for dry mouth. If you wish to have dental implants, we advise you to go to the Biu Smile of the best medical centers in Turkey for hair and dental transplantation
Leave a Reply